Ever feel at a total loss for words? Or at least words that make sense to anyone but you? That’s where I am at so blogging is definitely a bit of a struggle tonight.
I am just SO EXCITED about what God has revealed to me today… shown me today… confirmed to me today… ALL OF THE ABOVE! Yes. The capitol letters mean I am screaming out loud! That’s how crazy awesome this is. At one point today (Heather will confirm! Lol!) I couldn’t even control myself from jumping and dancing in the street on the way to our truck… so where do I begin?
Today is Maeka’s 20th birthday so Heather, Edril and I loaded up the cupcakes, milk and presents and went to visit her after church. Maeka met us on the road and climbed into the back of the truck with us to show us where she lives. She looked absolutely radiant. When we got there this is the sight we were greeted with…
Have you EVER seen anything so precious?!? So sweet and beautiful. Her name is Kiwanna (no idea how to actually spell it. but you get the idea…) and I couldn’t get enough of this miracle baby in all of her sweet perfection. I was overwhelmed by the thought that this baby “shouldn’t” be here… but by the GRACE of God…
Here is a shot of Maeka opening one of her gifts and sitting next to Heather… smiling and enjoying her special day as she SO deserves…
Ok. Show and tell time is finished for now. Onto the praises and prayers…
When we first got to the house Maeka and her family are living in I was relieved to see that it’s actually quite nice. There was a man sitting in front of the baby that I knew I recognized and I asked if he was the daddy. He said no but went to get the baby’s father. You could have knocked me over with a gentle breeze when I saw who the father was! His name is Robert and he is a man that I met many times at the La Pointe brothel. The same brothel (now a restaurant) that I had JUST pointed out to Heather on our way there, telling her that some of my most powerful moments in ministry happened in that small building.
WHY is this so exciting to me? Ok… well… you have to understand how completely weird I am. And how completely in love I am with Maeka. The most exciting WONDERFUL amazing part of this was that I could see, feel, touch God’s amazing plan in bringing this family together… which leads me to believe that God has some crazy big plans for Maeka and her new family. Here are the thoughts swimming through my head…
* Maeka is the one (along with Matilda and Kateline) that got us into the La Pointe brothel. Until she left Papa Yo’s and stood on the road waiting to see me drive by on a Thursday I had NO idea that there even was a brothel there. Interesting fact is that Maeka only stayed at that brothel for a few weeks and then moved onto the local brothel here in town. But our ministry there continued…
* Robert, along with the dwindling brothel girls and anywhere from 30 to 60 people from the community packed into that tiny brothel week after week for Bible study and prayer. He was THERE when I audibly HEARD the brush of angels wings! If you haven’t read the blog post about that day stop right now, read it here: http://melonnieinhaiti.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/brush-of-angels-wings/ and then continue reading this post.
* So here’s God telling me… “See? I’ve not only GOT THIS under control NOW… but I have been preparing for this day all along.”
* Could Robert possibly remind me of Hosea??? Heck YES! Is it a bit of a stretch for everyone but me? Maybe. But he met her at a BROTHEL… knowing that she was a PROSTITUTE and he is choosing to love her and take care of her and seems so very PROUD of her and that beautiful baby girl.
* Could Maeka and Robert possibly become PARTNERS with me in the brothel ministry??? NOW I’M TO THE EXCITED SHOUTING PART AGAIN!!! DANCING, JUMPING, AND LOVING! What kind of TESTIMONY would they be to the others still trapped in that way of life??? With a miracle baby to boot! HOLY COW? Can I get an AMEN?
I know this probably seems like a huge stretch to some of you but I know (and I mean KNOW) that God can and will use them. We have a long way to go. This is where you all come in. I need you to pray. And I don’t mean a short “Dear Jesus, bless these people” kind of prayer. I mean like an ON YOUR FACE crying out to the Lord kind of prayer. These are the things I am asking you to join me in lifting up to the Lord:
- wisdom for me as I try to come up with scriptures for Robert to pray with. He has agreed to be my prayer partner. I am bringing him a Creole Bible (at our baby shower next week!!!) and promised him that I would highlight scriptures that we can both use to pray for and strengthen their family. I am looking for scriptures on being the spiritual head of the household, loving your wife and providing for your family, being a LIGHT in the world, being good parents… you get the idea. I’d love your feedback and comments.
- prayers that Maeka and Robert will eventually get married.
- prayers for that sweet baby’s health and that she will grow up knowing and loving Jesus.
- prayers that Robert would find a job (mason work) to be able to support his family.
- prayers that Maeka would truly understand that she is a daughter of the KING and that she knows the influence that she could have on the girls still at the brothels.
- prayers that Robert would truly understand the responsibility that he has to the Lord and to his family. That he would rise up as a Godly man and an example of faithfulness to those around him.
- prayers for Roberts 15 year old daughter as she adjusts to this new family and that she too will come to know and love Jesus.
- prayers that God will bless this union and use them in a MIGHTY way to share the Good News in a way that is far more effective than anything I could do or say.
- prayers that Robert and Maeka will be open to the crazy excitement that I have and to the nudging of the Lord in this… that they realize their beautiful potential!!!
I could keep going and going and going but lets leave it here for now. Thank you so much for joining me in this battle and for sharing in my excitement. The absolutely clear and wonderful message that I received today is that God has BIG plans for them. I believe it.